BSc MSc PhD (Toronto)
Stanley Kwok Professor in Business
Associate Professor, Management Information Systems Division
Office Henry Angus 677
Tel (604) 822-8390
- Modelling, designing, and building computer-based systems for supporting organizational activities
- The application of speech act theory, ontology, and object-oriented concepts to business and enterprise modeling
- Information systems analysis and design
Courses Taught in 2016-2017
- CIO Strategies (BCom)
- Information Systems Analysis and Design (BCom)
Selected Recent Publications
A. Taghavi and C. Woo (2017) “The Role Clarity Framework to Improve Requirements Gathering”, ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems 8, 2-3, Article 9 (May), 16 pages.
- M. Kaul, V.C. Storey, C. Woo (2017) “A Framework for Managing Complexity in Information Systems”, Journal of Database Management 28, 1, 31-42.
- M. Kaul, V.C. Storey, and C. Woo (2017) “Domain Design Principles for Managing Complexity in Conceptual Modeling”, Proceedings of the Design Science Research in Information Systems and Technology – DESRIST 2017 (Karlsruhe, Germany, May 30 – June 1).
- E. Paja, A. Maté, C. Woo, and J. Mylopoulos (2016) “Can Goal Reasoning Techniques be used for Strategic Decision-Making?” Proceedings of the 35th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling – ER 2016 (Gifu, Japan, Nov 14-17), Springer, 530-543.
- Y. Gu, V. Storey, and C. Woo (2015) “Conceptual Modeling for Financial Investment With Text Mining”. Proceedings of the 34th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling – ER 2015 (Stockholm, Sweden, October 19-22), Springer, 528-535.
Links and Other Information