BA (SFU), MA (Waterloo), PhD (UBC)
Professorship in Consumer Insights, Prosocial Consumption, and Sustainability
Associate Professor and Chair, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division
Office Henry Angus 573
- Social Influence
- Social Marketing
- Prosocial Consumption
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Courses Taught in 2013-2014
- Consumer Behaviour (MBA)
- Consumer Judgement and Decision Making (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- Kristofferson, K., White, K. and Peloza, J.” (Forthcoming) Turning Slacktivists Into Activists: How the Public Versus Private Nature of an Initial Act of Symbolic Support Impacts Subsequent Prosocial Action,” Journal of Consumer Research.
- White, K., Simpson, B. (2013) "The "Dos and Don'ts" of Normative Influence: When Do (and Don't) Normative Messages Lead to Sustainable Consumer Behavors?," Journal of Marketing, 77 (2), 78-95
- Peloza, J., White, K., Shang, J. (2013) "Good and Guilt-Free: The Role of Self-Accountability in Influencing Preferences for Products with Ethical Attributes." Journal of Marketing, 77(1), 104-119.
- White, Katherine, Argo, J., and Sengupta, J. (Forthcoming) "Associative Versus Dissociative Responses to Social Identity Threat: The Role of Consumer Self-Construal," Journal of Consumer Research.
- Argo, J., White, Katherine (2012) "When Do Consumers Eat More? The Role of Appearance Self-Esteem and Food Packaging Cues," Journal of Marketing, 76 (2), 67-80.
Links and Other Information