BA (SFU), MA (Waterloo), PhD (UBC)
Professorship in Consumer Insights, Prosocial Consumption, and Sustainability
Associate Professor and Chair, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division
Office Henry Angus 573
- Social Influence
- Social Marketing
- Prosocial Consumption
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Courses Taught in 2014-2015
Selected Recent Publications
- White, K., Simpson, B., Argo, J. (forthcoming), “The Motivating Role of Dissociative
Outgroups In Encouraging Positive Consumer Behaviors” Journal of Marketing Research.
- Kristofferson, K., White, K. and Peloza, J.” (2014) Turning Slacktivists Into Activists: How the Public Versus Private Nature of an Initial Act of Symbolic Support Impacts Subsequent Prosocial Action,” Journal of Consumer Research, 40(6), 1149-1166. Also published in Journal of Consumer Research, Research Curations Summer 2014, Morality and the Marketplace.
- Clemente, S., Dolansky, E., Mantanakis, A., White, K. (2013), “The Effects of Perceived Extrinsic Cue Incongruity on Consumption Experiences: The Case of Celebrity Sponsorship,” Marketing Letters.
- White, K., Simpson, B. (2013) "The "Dos and Don'ts" of Normative Influence: When Do (and Don't) Normative Messages Lead to Sustainable Consumer Behavors?," Journal of Marketing, 77 (2), 78-95
- Peloza, J., White, K., Shang, J. (2013) "Good and Guilt-Free: The Role of Self-Accountability in Influencing Preferences for Products with Ethical Attributes." Journal of Marketing, 77(1), 104-119.
Links and Other Information