BEc (A.N.U.), MEc (Monash), PhD (Carnegie-Mellon)
Asia Pacific Chair in International Trade Policy
Professor, Strategy and Business Economics Division
Office David Lam 412
Tel (604) 822-8479
Personal Web Page
- International economics and industrial organization, with particular attention to strategic trade policy and trade in vertically related markets
Selected Recent Publications
- Brander, J.A., Spencer, B.J. (2015) "Intra-Industry Trade with Bertrand and Cournot Oligopoly: The Role of Endogenous Horizontal Product Differentiation", Research in Economics, forthcoming 2015
- Feenstra, R., Hong, C., Ma, H., Spencer, B.J. (2013). "Contractual versus non-contractual trade: The role of institutions in China." Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 94, October 2013, 281-294
Dimand, R., Spencer, B.J. (2009). "Trevor Swan and the Neoclassical Growth Model." History of Political Economy, 41 (annual sup), 107-126.
- Spencer, B.J. (2005). "International Outsourcing and Incomplete Contracts." Canadian Journal of Economics, 38(4), 1107-1135.
- Head, K., Ries, J., Spencer, B.J. (2004). "Vertical Networks and U.S. Auto Parts Exports: Is Japan Different?" Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 13 (1, Spring), 37-67.
Links and Other Information