C. Tsuriel (Tsur) Somerville
BA (Hebrew), PhD (Harvard)
Real Estate Foundation of BC Professor in Real Estate Finance
Director, UBC Centre for Urban Economics and Real Estate
Associate Professor, Strategy and Business Economics Division
Office Henry Angus 278
Tel (604) 822-8343
Personal Web Page
- Housing markets
- Real estate development
- Real estate finance
- Affordable housing
- Economics of cities
Courses Taught in 2016-2017
- Real Estate Investment (BCom)
- Real Estate Economics (BCom)
Selected Recent Publications
- Somerville, T., Lee, S., Ries, J., "Repairs Under Imperfect Information". Journal of Urban Economics, Volume 73, Issue 1, 2013, Pages 43-56.
- Somerville, T., Ries, J., "School Quality and Residential Property Values: Evidence from Vancouver Rezoning". Review of Economics and Statistic, Volume 92, Issue 4, 2010, pages 928-944.
- Somerville, T., Bulan, L., and Mayer, C., "Irreversible Investment, Real Options, and Competition: Evidence from Real Estate Development." Journal of Urban Economics, Volume 65, Issue 3, May 2009, Pages 237-251.
- Somerville, T., Chin-Oh, C., Shu-Mei, C. (2003). "Mobility Decisions of Extended Families: Evidence From Traditional Family Structure Households in Taiwan." Urban Studies.
- Somerville, T. (2001). "Permits, Starts, and Completions: Structural Relationships vs Real Options". Real Estate Economics, 29(1).
Links and Other Information