Dan A. Simunic
BS (DePaul), MBA (Chicago), PhD (Chicago), CPA (Illinois)
CGA Chair in Accounting
Professor, Accounting and Information Systems Division
Office David Lam
Tel (604) 822-8530
- Economics of auditing,
- Empirical research in audit production, pricing, audit quality, auditor choice
- Impact of legal liability on auditor behaviour
Selected Recent Publications
- "The Joint Effects of Multiple Legal System Characteristics on Auditing Standards and Auditor Behavior", co-authored with Minlei Ye and Ping Zhang, Contemporary Accounting Research, Spring, 2017, Vol. 34, No.1, PP 7-38.
- "Auditor Size and Audit Quality Revisited: The Importance of Audit Technology", co-authored with Louis-Philippe Sirois and Sophie Marmousez, Comptabilite - Controle - Audit, Vol. 22, No. 3 (December 2016), pp. 111-144
- "Audit Quality, Auditing Standards, and Legal Regimes: Implications for International Auditing Standards", co-authored with Minlei Ye and Ping Zhang, Journal of International Accounting Research, 2015, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 221-234.
- "Do Joint Audits Improve or Impair Audit Quality?" co-authored with Mingcherng Deng, Tong Lu, and Minlei Ye, Journal of Accounting Research, 2014: Vol. 52, No. 5, pp. 1029-1060.
- "The Economics of Setting Auditing Standards" co-authored with Minlei Ye, Contemporary Accounting Research, 2013, Vol 30, No. 3, pp. 1191-1215.
- "Voluntary Audit and the Cost of Debt Capital for Privately Held Firms: Korean Evidence", co-authored with Jeong-Bon Kim, Michael T. Stein and Cheong Yi, Contemporary Accounting Research, Summer, 2011, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 585-615.
Links and Other Information