BA (Stanford University), PhD (University of Arizona)
Associate Professor, Sustainability and Ethics Group
Chair in Business and Professional Ethics, W. Maurice Young Centre for Applied Ethics
Office Henry Angus 264
Tel (604) 827-4462
- Business and professional ethics
Courses Taught in 2016-2017
- Business Ethics Leadership (BCom)
Selected Recent Publications
- David Silver (2015). Business ethics after citizen united: a contractualist analysis. Journal of Business Ethics 127 (2): 385-397
- David Silver (2012). Citizens as Contractualist Stakeholders. Journal of Business Ethics 109 (1):3-13.
- David Silver (2008). Defending the Independence Constraint: A Reply to Snider. Religious Studies 44 (2):203-207.
- David Silver (2006). Collective Responsibility, Corporate Responsibility and Moral Taint. Midwest Studies in Philosophy 30 (1):269–278.
- David Silver (2005). A Strawsonian Defense of Corporate Moral Responsibility. American Philosophical Quarterly 42 (4):279 - 293.
Links and Other Information