BA, MBA (Cornell), MS, PhD (Berkeley)
Associate Professor, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Division
Director, W. Maurice Young Centre for Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital Research
2016 Program Chair, Academy of Management OMT Division
Office Henry Angus 452 (effective April 29, 2016)
Tel (604) 827-5155
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Early life factors role in later life workplace outcomes
- Social networks and organizational decision making
- Community Form (C-Form) of organization
- Discrimination and networks in the employment relationship
Courses taught in 2015-2016
- Innovation Leadership (BCom)
- Research Theory for Commerce Scholars (BCom)
Selected Recent Publications
- Konrad, Alison M., Marc-David L. Seidel, Eiston Lo, Arjun Bhardwaj, and Israr Qureshi. (forthcoming) “Variety, Dissimilarity, and Status Centrality in MBA Networks: Is the Minority or the Majority More Likely to Network Across Diversity?” Academy of Management Learning & Education.
- Greve, Henrich R., and Marc-David L. Seidel. (2015) "The Thin Red Line between Success and Failure: Path Dependence in the Diffusion of Innovative Production Technologies" Strategic Management Journal. Volume 36:4(475-496). Featured in Harvard Business Review "Defend Your Research: Being Early Beats Being Better", June 2014(30-31).
- Houshmand, Marjan, Marc-David L. Seidel, Dennis G. Ma (2014). "Beneficial 'Child Labor': The Impact of Adolescent Work on Future Professional Outcomes" Research in the Sociology of Work,Volume 25 (191-220).
- Greve, Henrich R., and Marc-David L. Seidel (2014). "Adolescent Experiences and Adult Work Outcomes: Connections and Causes" Research in the Sociology of Work. Volume 25(1-10).
- Roth, Wendy D., Marc-David L. Seidel, Dennis Ma and Eiston Lo (2012). "In and Out of the Ethnic Economy: A Longitudinal Analysis of Ethnic Networks and Pathways to Economic Success Across Immigrant Categories". International Migration Review. Volume 46:2(310-361).
Links and Other Information