Marc-David L. Seidel
BA, MBA (Cornell), MS, PhD (Berkeley)
- RBC Financial Group Professor of Entrepreneurship, Associate Professor, OBHR Division, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group
- Director, W. Maurice Young Centre for Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital Research
- 2017 Division Chair-Elect, Academy of Management OMT Division
- Associate Editor, Administrative Science Quarterly
Office Henry Angus 678
Tel (604) 827-5155
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Early life factors role in later life workplace outcomes
- Social networks and organizational decision making
- Community Form (C-Form) of organization
- Discrimination and networks in the employment relationship
Courses taught in 2017-2018
- Innovation Leadership (BCom)
- Research Theory for Commerce Scholars (BCom)
Selected Recent Publications
- Houshmand, Marjan, Marc-David L. Seidel, Dennis G. Ma (forthcoming) "The Impact of Adolescent Work in Family Business on Child-Parent Relationships and Psychological Well-being"Family Business Review.
- Konrad, Alison M., Marc-David L. Seidel, Eiston Lo, Arjun Bhardwaj, and Israr Qureshi. (forthcoming) "Variety, Dissimilarity, and Status Centrality in MBA Networks: Is the Minority or the Majority More Likely to Network Across Diversity?"Academy of Management Learning & Education.
- Seidel, Marc-David L. (2017) "Network Opportunity Emergence and Identification"Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Volume 50(141-168).
- Seidel, Marc-David L., and Henrich R. Greve (2017) "Emergence: How Novelty, Growth, and Formation Shape Organizations and Their Ecosystems"Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Volume 50(1-27).
- Greve, Henrich R., and Marc-David L. Seidel. (2015) "The Thin Red Line between Success and Failure: Path Dependence in the Diffusion of Innovative Production Technologies"Strategic Management Journal, Volume 36:4(475-496). Featured in Harvard Business Review "Being Early Beats Being Better", June 2014(30-31).
Links and Other Information