BA (Peking University), MA (University of Minnesota), and PhD (University of Michigan)
Assistant Professor, Management Information Systems Division
Office Henry Angus 368
Tel (604) 827-3260
Courses Taught in 2016-2017
- Introduction to e-Business (BCom)
- Workshop in Empirical Research Methods in Information Systems (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- N. Nan and H. Tanriverdi,” Unifying the Role of IT in Hyperturbulence and Competitive Advantage Via a Multilevel Perspective of IS Strategy”, MIS Quarterly, forthcoming.
- A. Espinosa, N. Nan and E. Carmel (2015) "Temporal Distance, Communication Patterns and Task Performance in Teams, Journal of Management Information Systems, 32, 1, pp. 151-191.
- N. Nan and Y. Lu (2014) "Harnessing the Power of Self-Organization in Online Community during Organizational Crisis", MIS Quarterly, 38, 4, pp. 1135-1157.
- N. Nan and S. Kumar (2013) "Joint Effect of Team Structure and Software Architecture in Open Source Software", IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 60, 3, pp. 592 - 603.
- N. Nan (2011) "Capturing Bottom-Up IT Use Processes: A Complex Adaptive Systems Model", MIS Quarterly, 35, 2, pp. 505-532.
Links and Other Information