BA (Peking University), MA (University of Minnesota), and PhD (University of Michigan)
Assistant Professor, Management Information Systems Division
Office Henry Angus 338
Tel (604) 827-3260
- Complex adaptive systems
Post-adoptive IT use
Courses Taught in 2015-2016
- Managing e-Business (MBA)
- Special Topics in Information Technology Management (MBA)
- Workshop in Empirical Research Methods in Information Systems (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- A. Espinosa, N. Nan and E. Carmel, Temporal Distance, Communication Patterns and Task Performance in Teams, Journal of Management Information Systems, forthcoming.
- N. Nan and Y. Lu (forthcoming) "Harnessing the Power of Self-Organization in Online Community during Organizational Crisis", MIS Quarterly.
- N. Nan R. Zmud, And E. Yetgin (2014) " A Complex Adaptive Systems Model of Innovation Diffusion: Theoretical Integration and Validation of a Virtual Laboratory", Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, 20, pp. 52-88.
- N. Nan and S. Kumar (2013) "Joint Effect of Team Structure and Software Architecture in Open Source Software", IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 60, 3, pp. 592 - 603.
- N. Nan (2011) "Capturing Bottom-Up IT Use Processes: A Complex Adaptive Systems Model", MIS Quarterly, 35, 2, pp. 505-532.
Links and Other Information