BSc (London), MEd (UBC), PhD (Sheffield)
Professor, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Division
Tel (604) 822-5736
- Organizational sensemaking
- Emotion in organizations
- Qualitative methods
- Narrative and discursive approaches to organizations
Courses Taught in 2014-2015 [on leave: Sept 1, 2014 - Aug 30, 2015]
Selected Recent Publications
- Maitlis, S. & Christianson, M. (2014). Sensemaking in organizations: Taking stock and moving forward. Academy of Management Annals, 8, 57-125.
- Liu, F. & Maitlis, S. (2014). Emotional dynamics and strategizing processes: A study of strategic conversations in top team meetings. Journal of Management Studies, 51, 202-234 .
- Maitlis, S., Vogus, T., & Lawrence, T.B. (2013). Sensemaking and emotion in organizations. Organizational Psychology Review, 3, 222-247.
- Lawrence, T. B. & Maitlis, S. (2012). Care and possibility: Enacting an ethic of care through narrative practice. Academy of Management Review, 37, 641-663.
- Lilius, J., Worline, M., Dutton, J., Kanov, J., & Maitlis, S. (2011). Understanding compassion capability. Human Relations, 64, 873-900.
Links and Other Information