BSc (London), MEd (UBC), PhD (Sheffield)
Associate Professor, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Division
Office Henry Angus 670
Tel (604) 822-5736
- Organizational sensemaking
- Emotion in organizations
- Qualitative methods
- Narrative and discursive approaches to organizations
Courses Taught in 2012-2013
- Integrated Foundations (MBA)
- Organizational Behavior (MBA)
- Leadership (EMBA)
- Qualitative Research Methods in Organizational Behaviour (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- Maitlis, S., Vogus, T., & Lawrence, T.B. (Forthcoming). Sensemaking and emotion in organizations. Organizational Psychology Review.
- Liu, F. & Maitlis, S. (Forthcoming). Emotional dynamics and strategizing processes: A study of strategic conversations in top team meetings. Journal of Management Studies.
- Lawrence, T. B. & Maitlis, S. (2012). Care and possibility: Enacting an ethic of care through narrative practice. Academy of Management Review, 37, 641-663.
- Lilius, J., Worline, M., Dutton, J., Kanov, J., & Maitlis, S. (2011). Understanding compassion capability. Human Relations, 64, 873-900.
- Maitlis, S. & Sonenshein, S. (2010). Sensemaking in crisis and change: Inspiration and insights from Weick (1988). Journal of Management Studies, 47, 551-580.
Links and other information