Maurice D. Levi
BA (Manchester), MA PhD (Chicago)
Bank of Montreal Chair in International Finance
Professor, Finance Division
Office Henry Angus 876
Tel (604) 822-8260
Personal Web Page
- Macro- and micro-models of international finance
- Empirical studies of financial markets
- Macroeconomics of interest rates
- International trade and income distribution
Courses Taught in 2013-2014
- International Financial Markets and Institutions (BCom)
- International Financial Management (MBA)
Selected Recent Publications
- Kamstra, M., Kramer, L., Levi, M.D., (2013). "Effects of Daylight-Saving Time Changes on Stock Market Returns and Stock Market Volatility: Rebuttal", Psychological Reports, 112,1, pp. 89-99
- Levi.M.D., (2012). "Fiscal Consequences of Scrapping Cash", Journal of Payments Strategy and Systems, Vol, 6, No.3, pp 283-300.
- Levi, M.D., Li. K., Zhang, F., (2012). "Risk Homeostasis and Corporate Acquisitions", Journal of Behavioral Finance and Economics, 2, pp. 21-49
- Du, Qiangqian, Gao, Huasheng, Levi, M.D., (2012). "The Relative-Age Effect and Career Success: Evidence from Corporate CEOs", Economic Letters, 117, pp. 660-662.
- Kamstra, M., Kramer, L., Levi, M.D., (2012) "A Careful Re-Examination of Seasonality in International Stock Returns: Comment on Sentiment and Stock Returns" Journal on Banking and Finance, 36(4) 934-956.
Other Links & Info