JoAndrea (Joey) Hoegg
BA, BEd (UBC), PhD (Florida)
Associate Professor and Chair, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division
Canada Research Chair in Consumer Behaviour
Alumni Professorship in Marketing
Office Henry Angus 575
- Sensory Marketing
- Consumer response to product design
- Consumer-brand relationships
Courses Taught in 2017-2018
Selected Recent Publications
- Dunn, Lea and JoAndrea Hoegg (2014). The Influence of Fear on Emotional Brand Attachment. Journal of Consumer Research, 41 (June), 152-168.
- Hoegg, J., Scott, M., Morales, A., Dahl, D. (2014). The Flip Side of Vanity Sizing: How Consumers Respond to
and Compensate for Larger than Expected Clothing Sizes. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 24 (January), 70-78.
- Jiang, Lan, JoAndrea Hoegg, and Darren W. Dahl (2013), “Consumer Reaction to Unearned Preferential Treatment,” Journal of Consumer Research, 40 (October), 412-427.
- Lewis, M., Whitler, K., Hoegg, J. (2013). Customer Relationship Stage and the use of Picture-Dominant versus
Text-Dominant Advertising: A Field Study. Journal of Retailing, 89 (September), 263-280.
Chae, Boyoun (Grace) and JoAndrea Hoegg (2013), “The Future Looks “Right”: The Impact of Spatial Position of Advertising Images on Product Attitude," Journal of Consumer Research , 40 (August), 223-238.
Links and Other Information