JoAndrea (Joey) Hoegg
BA, BEd (UBC), PhD (Florida)
Associate Professor, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division
Canada Research Chair in Consumer Behaviour
Alumni Professorship in Marketing
Office Henry Angus 575
- Sensory Marketing
- Consumer response to product design
- Consumer-brand relationships
Courses Taught in 2016-2017
- Marketing Research (MBA)
- Consumer Behaviour (PhD)
- Business Teaching Methods (PhD)
- Marketing Research (MM, Undergrad)
Selected Recent Publications
- Dunn, Lea and JoAndrea Hoegg (2014). The Influence of Fear on Emotional Brand Attachment. Journal of Consumer Research, 41 (June), 152-168.
- Hoegg, J., Scott, M., Morales, A., Dahl, D. (2014). The Flip Side of Vanity Sizing: How Consumers Respond to
and Compensate for Larger than Expected Clothing Sizes. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 24 (January), 70-78.
- Jiang, Lan, JoAndrea Hoegg, and Darren W. Dahl (2013), “Consumer Reaction to Unearned Preferential Treatment,” Journal of Consumer Research, 40 (October), 412-427.
- Lewis, M., Whitler, K., Hoegg, J. (2013). Customer Relationship Stage and the use of Picture-Dominant versus
Text-Dominant Advertising: A Field Study. Journal of Retailing, 89 (September), 263-280.
Chae, Boyoun (Grace) and JoAndrea Hoegg (2013), “The Future Looks “Right”: The Impact of Spatial Position of Advertising Images on Product Attitude," Journal of Consumer Research , 40 (August), 223-238.
Links and Other Information