BA (British Columbia), MA PhD (Stanford)
Advisory Council Chair in Consumer Behaviour
Professor, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division
Office Henry Angus 578
- Consumer judgment and decision making
- Prediction and forecasting in consumers and managers
- Methods for analyzing individual and aggregate effect
Courses Taught in 2016-2017
- Decision Making for Managers (MBA)
Selected Recent Publications
- Murray, S.L., Holmes, J.G., Griffin, D.W., & Derrick, J.L. (2015). "The Equilibrium Model of Relationship Maintenance". Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 108, 93-113.
- Holmes, J.G., Murray, S.L., Derrick, J.L., Harris, B., Pinkus, R.T., & Griffin, D.W. (2014). "Cautious to a fault: self-protection and the trajectory of marital satisfaction." Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 49 (3), 522.
- Li, K., Griffin, D., Yue, H., & Zhao, L. (2013). "How does culture influence corporate risk-taking?" Journal of Corporate Finance 23, 1-22.
- Brenner, L., Griffin, D., & Koehler, D. (2012). "A case-based model of probability and pricing judgments: Buying and selling uncertainty." Management Science, 58 (1), 159-178.
- Buehler, R., Griffin, D., Lam, K. & Deslauriers, J. (2012). "Perspectives on prediction: Does third-person imagery improve completion estimates?" Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 117 (1). 138-149.
Links and other Information