Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
Director, Centre for Transportation Studies
YVR Professor of Transportation Policy
Professor and Chair, Operations and Logistics Division
Office Henry Angus 471
Tel (604) 822-8352
- Industrial Organization, Corporate and Management Strategies, Competition Policy
- Transportation and Regulatory Economics, Aviation and Air Transport Economics, Urban Transportation, Travel Demand Analysis, Choice Modeling, Application of Management Economics to Transportation Policy and Planning, Performance and Productivity Analysis, Economics of Strategy.
Courses Taught in 2012-2013
- Introduction to Business Processes and Operations (BCom)
- Logistics and Operations Management (BCom)
- Transportation Economics (MBA)
- Advance Topics in Transportation (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- Gillen, David and Benny Mantin (2012), "Transportation Infrastructure Management: One and Two Sided Market Approaches," (in press Journal of Transport Economics & Policy).
- Albert Assaf, David Gillen (2012). "Measuring the Joint Impact of Governance Form and Economic Regulation on Cost Efficiency of Transportation Infrastructure", European Journal of Operational Research Volume 220, Issue 1, 1 July 2012, Pages 187 - 198.
- Gillen, David and Benny Mantin (2011), "The Hidden Information Conent of Price Movements", European Journal of Operational Research, 211, 385 - 393.
- Gillen, David (2011) "The Evolution of Airport Governance and Ownership", Journal of Air Transport Management, 17, 3-13.
- Gillen, David and Benny Mantin (2009), "The Volatility of Airfare in Markets", Transportation Research E-Logistics and Transportation Review, Vol. 45, No. 6 pp 1020 - 1029.
Links and other Information