Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
Director, Centre for Transportation Studies
YVR Professor of Transportation Policy
Professor, Operations and Logistics Division
Office Henry Angus 471
Tel (604) 822-8352
- Industrial Organization, Corporate and Management Strategies, Competition Policy
- Transportation and Regulatory Economics, Aviation and Air Transport Economics, Urban Transportation, Travel Demand Analysis, Choice Modeling, Application of Management Economics to Transportation Policy and Planning, Performance and Productivity Analysis, Economics of Strategy.
Courses Taught in 2014-2015
- Introduction to Business Processes and Operations (BCom)
- Logistics Services Management (BCom)
- Advanced Business Logistics (BCom)
Selected Recent Publications
- David Gillen and Hamed Hasheminia (2013), "Estimating the Demand Responses for Different Size of Air Passenger groups", (in press, Transportation Research B: Methodology)
- Assaf, Albert, Alexander Josiassen and David Gillen (2013), "A Holistic Approach to Measuring Firm Performance: Bayesian Estimation with Desirable and Bad Outputs" (in press Journal of Business Research)
- Gillen, David and Benny Mantin (2012), "Transportation Infrastructure Management: One and Two Sided Market Approaches," (in press Journal of Transport Economics & Policy).
- Albert Assaf, David Gillen (2012). "Measuring the Joint Impact of Governance Form and Economic Regulation on Cost Efficiency of Transportation Infrastructure", European Journal of Operational Research Volume 220, Issue 1, 1 July 2012, Pages 187 - 198.
- Gillen, David and Benny Mantin (2011), "The Hidden Information Content of Price Movements", European Journal of Operational Research, 211, 385 - 393.
Links and Other Information