Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
Director, Centre for Transportation Studies
YVR Professor of Transportation Policy
Professor, Operations and Logistics Division
Office Henry Angus - HA 473
Tel (604) 822-8352
- Industrial Organization, Corporate and Management Strategies, Competition Policy
- Transportation and Regulatory Economics, Aviation and Air Transport Economics, Urban Transportation, Travel Demand Analysis, Choice Modeling, Application of Management Economics to Transportation Policy and Planning, Performance and Productivity Analysis, Economics of Strategy.
Courses Taught in 2016-2017
Not teaching this academic year.
Selected Recent Publications
- Gillen, David and William Morrison (2015), Aviation Security: Costing, Pricing, Finance and Performance, Journal of Air Transport Management, Vol. 48 pp. 1-12
- Gillen, David and Tim Hazledine (2015), The Economics and Geography of Regional Airline Services in Six Countries, Journal of Transport Geography, Volume 46 (June) 129-136
- Gillen, David, Hamed Hasheminia and Changmin Jiang (2015), Strategic Considerations Behind the Network–Regional Airline Tie Ups – A Theoretical and Empirical Study, Transportation Research B: Methodological, Volume 72, February 2015, Pages 93–111
- Assaf, Albert, David Gillen and George Tsionas (2014), A General Dynamic Model for Allocative and Technical Efficiency, Transportation Research B: Methodological, Vol. 70 (December) 18-34.
- David Gillen and Benny Mantin (2014), The Importance of Concession Revenues in the Privatization of Congested Airports, Transportation Research E: Logistics & Transportation Review, Volume 68, August 2014, Pages 164–177
Links and Other Information