BA (Hons) (British Columbia), PhD (Stanford)
Visiting Adjunct Professor
Strategy and Business Economics Division
Office Henry Angus 351
- Managerial Microeconomics
- Transactions Cost Economics
- Experimental Economics
- Brief Elicitation and prediction markets
Course Taught in 2017-2018
- Managerial Microeconomics (MBA.MM)
Selected Recent Publications
- Steffen Anderson, John Fountain, Glenn W. Harrison, Arne Risa Hole and E. Elisabet Rutstrom "Estimating subjective probabilities" Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, July 2014.
- Steffen Anderson, John Fountain, Glenn W. Harrison, Arne Risa Hole and E. Elisabet Rutstrom "Inferring beliefs as subjectively imprecise probabilities" Theory and Decision, July 2012
- Fountain, John and Glen W. Harrison "What Do Prediction Markets Predict?" Applied Economics Letters, 2011 (18).
- Fountain, John "A Production Theory Perspective on Collective Theory" Quarterly Journal of Economics, 1984 .
- Fountain, John. "Consumer Surplus When Preferences are Intransitive: Analysis and Interpretation" Econometrica, March 1981