BCom (Alberta), PhD (UBC)
Senior Associate Dean, Faculty
Director of the Robert H. Lee Graduate School
BC Innovation Council Professor
Professor, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division
Office Henry Angus 137J
Tel (604) 822-1890
- New product development
- Emotions in consumption contexts
- Social influence
- Social marketing
Courses Taught in 2016-2017
- Business Strategy Integration: Capstone (MBA)
- Business Capstone (MBA)
Selected Recent Publications
- Hattula, Johannes, Walter Herzog, Darren W. Dahl, and Sven Reinecke “Managerial Empathy Facilitates Egocentric Predictions of Consumer Preferences”, Journal of Marketing Research, (forthcoming).
- Dahl, Darren W., Christoph Fuchs, and Martin Schreier, “Why and When Consumers Prefer Products of User-Driven Firms: A Social Identification Account”, Management Science, (forthcoming).
- Zhao, Min, Darren W. Dahl, and Steve Hoeffler (2014) “Optimal Visualization Aids and Temporal Framing for New Products”, Journal of Consumer Research, 41 (4), 1136-1151.
- Ward, Morgan K. and Darren W. Dahl (2014) “Should the Devil Sell Prada? Retail Rejection Increases Aspiring Consumers’ Desire for the Brand”, Journal of Consumer Research, 41(3), 590-609.
- Vohs, Kathleen D., Jaideep Sengupta, and Darren W. Dahl (2014) “Sexual Images Aren’t So Wrong If They Are Seen with an Expensive Product: Women’s Reactions to Sexual Stimuli Vary with Market Factors”, Psychological Science, 25(1), 278-283.
Links and other information