BCom (Alberta), PhD (UBC)
Senior Associate Dean, Faculty and Research
Fred H. Siller Professor in Applied Marketing Research
Professor, Marketing Division
Office Henry Angus 774 & 575
Tel (604) 822-1890 / 822-8346
- New product development
- Emotions in consumption contexts
- Social influence
- Social marketing
Courses Taught in 2012-2013
- New Venture Design (BCom)
- Creativity (MBA)
Selected Recent Publications
- Dunn, Lea and Darren W. Dahl "Self-threat and Product Failure: How Internal Attributions of Blame Impact Consumer Complaining Behavior", Journal of Marketing Research, forthcoming.
- Schreier, Martin, Christopher Fuchs, and Darren W. Dahl , "The Innovation Effect of User Design: Exploring Consumers' Innovation Perceptions of Firms Selling Products Designed by Users", Journal of Marketing, forthcoming.
- Darren W. Dahl, Jennifer J. Argo, and Andrea C. Morales (2012), "Social Information in the Retail Environment: The Importance of Consumption Alignment, Referent Identity, and Self-Esteem", Journal of Consumer Research, 38 (5), 860-871.
- Sellier, Anne-Laure and Darren W. Dahl (2011), "Focus! Creative Success Is Enjoyed through Restricted Choice", Journal of Marketing Research, 48 (December), 996-1007.
- Burroughs, James E., Darren W. Dahl, Page C. Moreau, Amitava Chattopadhyay, and Gerald J. Gorn (2011) "The Interaction of Creativity Training and Extrinsic Rewards on New Product Development", Journal of Marketing, 75(4), 53-67.
Links and other information