BS (Turkey), MS and PhD (Dallas, Texas)
Associate Professor, Accounting and Information Systems Division
Office Henry Angus 379
Tel (604) 822-8894
- Strategic impact of information technology (IT) investments
- Relationship between the value of IT and the competitive advantage created by the implementation of IT
- Product variety and differentiation on the Internet
- Information system security
- Information security management
- Design and implementation issues in information security management
Courses Taught in 2018-2019
- Introduction to Management Information Systems (BCom)
- Advance Topics in Management Information Systems (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- Cavusoglu, H. Phan, T., Cavusoglu, H., Airoldi, E. (2016). Assessing The Impact Of Granular Privacy Controls On Content Sharing And Disclosure On Facebook. Information Systems Research. 27 (4). 848 –879.
- Wang, S. and Cavusoglu, H. Deng, Z. (2016) Early Mover Advantage in Ecommerce Platforms with Low Entry Barriers: The Role of Customer Relationship Management Capabilities. Information and Management. 53 (2), 197-206.
- Cavusoglu, H., Cavusoglu, H., Son, J., Benbasat., I. (2015). Institutional Pressures in Security Management: Direct and Indirect Influences on Organizational Investment in Information Security Control Resources. Information and Management. 52 (4), 385-400.
- Cavusoglu, H., Cavusoglu, H., Raghunathan, S. (2012). Value of and Interaction between Production Postponement and Information Sharing Strategies for Supply Chain Firms. Production and Operations Management Journal. 21 (3). 470-488. May-June 2012.
- Bulgurcu, B., Cavusoglu, H., Benbasat, I. (2010). Information Security Policy Compliance: An Empirical Study of Rationality-Based Beliefs and Information Security Awareness. Management Information Systems Quarterly. 34 (3). September 2010. 523-548.
Links and Other Information