BA (Robert College, Istanbul), MSc PhD (Minnesota)
Sauder Distinguished Professor of Information Systems
Professor, Management Information Systems Division
Office Henry Angus 681
Tel (604) 822-8396
- Xiao, Bo, and I. Benbasat, “"Designing Warning Messages for Detecting Biased Online Product Recommendations: An Empirical Investigation,"(accepted Information Systems Research).
- Krasnova, H., Widjaja T., Buxmann, P., Wenniger, H. and I. Benbasat, "Why Following Friends Can Hurt You: Empirical Investigation of the Effects of Envy on Social Networking Sites" Information Systems Research Volume 26, Issue 3, September 2015, Pages 585-605.
- Tan, C.W., I. Benbasat, and Cenfetelli, R., “An Exploratory Study of the
Formation and Impact of Electronic Service Failures” (accepted for
publication Management Information Systems Quarterly May 2015).
- Yi, Cheng, Z. Jiang, and I. Benbasat, “Enticing and Engaging Consumers via Online Product Presentations: The Effects of Restricted Interaction Design” Journal of Management Information Systems Volume 31, No. 4, Spring 2015 pp. 213-242.
- Kim, T.H., Lee, J.-N., Chun, J.U., and Benbasat, I. “Understanding the effect of knowledge management strategies on knowledge management performance: A contingency perspective” Information & Management, Volume 51, Issue 4, June 2014, Pages 398-416.
- Cavusoglu, Huseyin, Cavusoglu, Hasan, Son, Jai, and I. Benbasat, “Information Security Controls in Organizations: Multidimensionality of the Construct and a Nomological Model” Information and Management, Volume 52, Issue 4, June 2015, pp. 385-400.
- Ho, S.M., and I. Benbasat, “Dyadic Attribution Model: A Mechanism to Assess Trustworthiness in Virtual Organization” Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 65(8) 1555–1576, August 2014.
- Xu D. J., I. Benbasat, R. Cenfetelli, 2014 “The Nature and Consequences of Trade-Off Transparency in the Context of Recommendation Agents,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, 38(2), pp. 379-406.
- Xu D. J., I. Benbasat, R. Cenfetelli, 2014 “The Influences of Online Service Technologies and Task Complexity on Efficiency and Personalization,” Information Systems Research, 25(2), pp 420-436.
- Wang, W. and Benbasat, I. “A Contingency Approach for Investigating the Effects of Decision Strategy and User-System Interaction Mode on Web Based Consumer Decision Support Systems” Information Systems Research, September 2013, pp. 861-876.
- Xu, D., Benbasat, I., and Cenfetelli, R., “Integrating Service Quality with System and Information Quality: An Empirical Test in the E-Service Context” Management Information Systems Quarterly, Vol. 37 Issue 1, September 2013, pp. 777-794.
- Tan, C.W., Benbasat, I. and Cenfetelli, R., “IT-Mediated Customer Service Content and Delivery in Electronic Governments: An Empirical Investigation of the Antecedents of Service Quality.” Management Information Systems Quarterly, March 2013, pp. 77-109.
- Dimoka, Angelika, Rajiv D. Banker, Izak Benbasat, Fred D. Davis, Alan R. Dennis, David Gefen, Alok Gupta, Anja Ischebeck, Peter Kenning, Paul A. Pavlou, Gernot Mϋller-Putz, René Riedl Detmar W. Straub, Jan vom Brocke, Bernd Weber, “On the Use of Neurophysiological Tools in IS Research: Developing a Research Agenda for NeuroIS” Management Information Systems Quarterly, September 2012.
- Nevo, D., Benbasat, I., and Wand, Y., “The Knowledge Demands of Expertise Seekers in Two Different Contexts: Knowledge Allocation Versus Knowledge Retrieval”, Decision Support Systems, Volume 53, Issue 3, June 2012, pp.482-489.
- Nevo, D., Benbasat, I. and Wand, Y., “Understanding Technology Support for Organizational Transactive Memory: Requirements, Application, and Customization” Journal of Management Information Systems, Volume 28, Number 4, Spring 2012, 69-97.
- Lee, Y.E., and Benbasat, I., “Effects of attribute conflicts on consumers’ perceptions and acceptance of product recommendation agents: extending the effort-accuracy framework” Information Systems Research, December 2011 vol. 22 no. 4 pp. 867-884.
- Xu, D., I. Benbasat, and Cenfetelli R., “The Effect of Perceived Service Quality, Perceived Sacrifice, and Perceived Service Outcomes on Online Customer Loyalty” Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 12: Iss. 11, Article 1, 2011)
- Xiao, B. and I. Benbasat, “Product-Related Deception in e-Commerce: A Theoretical Perspective” Management Information Systems Quarterly, Volume 35 Issue 1 March 2011, pp. 169-195.
- Al-Natour, S., Benbasat, I. and Cenfetelli, R., “The Adoption of Online Shopping Assistants: Perceived Similarity as an Antecedent to Evaluative Beliefs” Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Vol.12, Issue 5, 2011, pp.347-374.
- Glover, S. and Benbasat, I., “A Model of E-Commerce Transaction Perceived Risk” International Journal of Electronic Commerce Vol. 15, No. 2, Winter 2010-11, pp. 47-78.
- Swanson, B., King, J.L, Benbasat, I. and Kemerer, C., “The Early Years of ISR: The Recollections of the Editors”, Information Systems Research Vol. 21, No. 4, December 2010, pp. 665-674. (invited paper)
- Zhu, L., I. Benbasat, and J. Jiang, “Let’s Shop Online Together: An Empirical Investigation of Collaborative Online Shopping Support,” Information Systems Research Vol. 21, No. 4, December 2010, pp. 872-891.
- Lee, Y.E., and Benbasat, I., “Consumers’ In-Store Decision Making with Mobile Product Recommendation Agents” ACM Transactions on Computer Human Interaction Vol. 17, No. 4, Article 17, pp. 17:1-17-32.
- Qiu, L. and Benbasat, I., “Do Looks Matter? A Study of Demographic Embodiments of Product Recommendation Agents in Electronic Commerce” International Journal of Human-Computer Studies Vol. 68, Issue 10, October 2010, pp. 669-688.
- Bulgurcu, Burcu, Cavusoglu, Hasan, and Benbasat,I., “Information Security Policy Compliance: An Empirical Study of Rationality-Based Beliefs and Information Security Awareness” Management Information Systems Quarterly, Vol. 34 No. 3, September 2010, pp. 523-548.
- Riedl, Rene; Banker, Rajiv D.; Benbasat, Izak; Davis, Fred D.; Dennis, Alan R.; Dimoka, Angelika; Gefen, David; Gupta, Alok; Ischebeck, Anja; Kenning, Peter; Muller-Putz, Gernot; Pavlou, Paul A.; Straub, Detmar W.; vom Brocke, Jan; and Weber, Bernd (2010) “On the Foundations of NeuroIS: Reflections on the Gmunden Retreat 2009,” Communications of the Association for Information Systems: Vol.27, Article 15.
- Kim, D. and I. Benbasat, “Designs for Effective Implementation of Trust Assurances in Internet Stores,” Communications of the ACM (53:2), 2010, pp 121-126.
- Kim, D., and Benbasat, I. 2009-10. “Trust-Assuring Arguments in B2C E-Commerce: Impact of Content, Source, and Price on Trust.,” Journal of Management Information Systems, (26 3), pp 175-206.
- Tan, C.H., Teo, H.H., and I. Benbasat, “Evaluation of Decision Aids for Comparison-Shopping: An Empirical Test of the Effectiveness of Decision Support in Different Information Load Conditions”Information Systems Research June 2010, pp. 305-326.
- Al-Natour, S., and I. Benbasat, “The Adoption and Use of E-Commerce Technological Artifacts: A Relational Perspective,”Journal of the Association for Information Systems; Vol. 10, Issue 9, 2009.
- Tan, C.W., and I. Benbasat, “IT Mediated Customer Services in E-Government: A Citizen’s Perspective,” Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 24, Article 12, January 2009.
- Sia, C.L., Kai H. Lim, Matthew K.O. Lee, Kwok Leung, Wayne Huang and Izak Benbasat “Web Strategies to Promote Internet Shopping: Uniformity versus Cultural-Customization Management Information Systems Quarterly; Vol. 33, No. 3, 2009.
- Wang, W. and I. Benbasat, “Interactive Decision Aids for Consumer Decision Making in e-Commerce: The Influence of Perceived Strategy Restrictiveness” Management Information Systems Quarterly, Vol. 33, No. 2, June 2009, pp. 293-320.
- Qiu, L. and I. Benbasat, “Evaluating Anthropomorphic Product Recommendation Agents: A Social and Relational Perspective to Designing Information Systems,” Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 25, No.4, Spring 2009, pp. 145-181.
Links and Other Information