BA (Robert College, Istanbul), MSc PhD (Minnesota)
Doctorat Honoris Causa, Université de Montréal (2009).
Fellow, Royal Society of Canada (Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences)
Canada Research Chair in Information Technology Management
Professor, Management Information Systems Division
Office Henry Angus 681
Tel (604) 822-8396
- Evaluating human-computer interfaces, specifically how to design web-based interfaces to facilitate business-to-consumer electronic commerce;
- Investigating the role of explanations in intelligent support systems in improving user productivity and knowledge transfer to users; and
- Measuring IT-related competencies, namely, IT knowledge in line managers and business competence in IT professionals, and their impact on the effective deployment of IT.
Courses Taught in 2013-2014
- Topics in Information Technology Management (MBA)
- Empirical Research Methods in Information Systems (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- Xu, D., Benbasat, I., and Cenfetelli, R. (forthcoming) "The Effects of Trade-Off Transparency of Product Attributes on Consumers’ Perceived Decision Quality and Perceived Decision Effort towards Recommendation Agents" Management Information Systems Quarterly.
- Wang, W. and Benbasat, I. (2013) "A Contingency Approach for Investigating the Effects of Decision Strategy and User-System Interaction Mode on Web Based Consumer Decision Support Systems" Information Systems Research, pp. 861-876/September.
- Xu, D., Benbasat, I., and Cenfetelli, R. (2013) "Integrating Service Quality with System and Information Quality: An Empirical Test in the E-Service Context" Management Information Systems Quarterly, 37(1), pp. 777-794/September
- Tan, C.W., Benbasat, I. and Cenfetelli, R. (2013) "IT-Mediated Customer Service Content and Delivery in Electronic Governments: An Empirical Investigation of the Antecedents of Service Quality" Management Information Systems Quarterly, pp. 77-109/March
- Nevo, Dorit, I. Benbasat, and Yair Wand (2012) "The Knowledge Demands of Expertise Seekers in Two Different Contexts: Knowledge Allocation Versus Knowledge Retrieval" Decision Support Systems Volume 53, Issue 3, Pages 482-489/June
Links and Other Information