BA (Robert College, Istanbul), MSc PhD (Minnesota)
Doctorat Honoris Causa, Université de Montréal (2009).
Fellow, Royal Society of Canada (Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences)
Sauder Distinguished Professor of Information Systems
Professor, Management Information Systems Division
Office Henry Angus 681
Tel (604) 822-8396
- Evaluating human-computer interfaces, specifically how to design web-based interfaces to facilitate business-to-consumer electronic commerce;
- Investigating the role of explanations in intelligent support systems in improving user productivity and knowledge transfer to users; and
- Measuring IT-related competencies, namely, IT knowledge in line managers and business competence in IT professionals, and their impact on the effective deployment of IT.
Courses Taught in 2014-2015 [on sabbatical leave: July 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014]
- Empirical Research Methods in Information Systems (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- Xu, D., I. Benbasat, and Cenfetelli R. (2014) "The nature and Consequences of Trade-off Transparency in the Context of Recommendation Agents" Management Information Systems Quarterly, Vol. 38 No. 2, pp. 379-406/June.
- Xu, D., I. Benbasat, and Cenfetelli R. (2014) “The Influences of Online Service Technologies and Task Complexity on Efficiency and Personalization” Information Systems Research, 25 (2), pp. 420 - 436.
- Yi, Cheng, Z. Jiang, and I. Benbasat, “Enticing and Engaging Consumers via Online Product Presentations: The Effects of Restricted Interaction Design” (accepted Journal of Management Information Systems October 2014)
- Tan, C.W., I. Benbasat, and Cenfetelli, R., “An Exploratory Study of the Formation and Impact of Electronic Service Failures” (conditionally accepted Management Information Systems Quarterly September 2014)
- Kim, T.H., Lee, J.-N., Chun, J.U., and Benbasat, I. “A Contingency Perspective for Understanding the Impact of Knowledge Management Strategies” (accepted Information & Management March 2014)
Links and Other Information