BA (Robert College, Istanbul), MSc PhD (Minnesota)
Doctorat Honoris Causa, Université de Montréal (2009).
Fellow, Royal Society of Canada (Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences)
Sauder Distinguished Professor of Information Systems
Professor Emeritus, Accounting and Information Systems Division
Office David Lam 514
Tel (604) 822-8396
- Evaluating human-computer interfaces, specifically how to design web-based interfaces to facilitate business-to-consumer electronic commerce;
- Investigating the role of explanations in intelligent support systems in improving user productivity and knowledge transfer to users; and
- Measuring IT-related competencies, namely, IT knowledge in line managers and business competence in IT professionals, and their impact on the effective deployment of IT.
Selected Recent Publications
- Ho, S.M., Kaarst-Brown, M., and Benbasat, I., "Trustworthiness attribution: Inquiry into insider threat detection" (forthcoming) Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology.
- Xu, D., I. Benbasat, and Cenfetelli R. (forthcoming) “A Two-Stage Model of Generating Product Advice: Proposing and Testing the Complementarity Principle” Journal of Management Information Systems.
- Wang, W. and Benbasat, I., “Empirical Assessment of Alternative Designs for Enhancing Different Types of Trusting Beliefs in Online Recommendation Agents”, Journal of Management Information Systems, Volume 33, No. 3, 2016, pp.744-775.
- Yi, Cheng, Jiang, Z. and Benbasat, I., “Designing For Diagnosticity and Serendipity: An Investigation Of Social Product-Search Mechanisms” Information Systems Research, Volume 28, No. 2, 2017, pp413-429.
- Tan, C.W., I. Benbasat, and Cenfetelli, R. (2016) “An Exploratory Study of the Formation and Impact of Electronic Service Failures” Management Information Systems Quarterly Volume 40, Number 1, March 2016.
- Xiao, Bo, and I. Benbasat (2015) "Designing Warning Messages for Detecting Biased Online Product Recommendations: An Empirical Investigation," Information Systems Research Volume 26, No. 2, December 2015, pp. 793-811.
- Krasnova, H., Widjaja T., Buxmann, P., Wenniger, H. and I. Benbasat (2015) "Why Following Friends Can Hurt You: Empirical Investigation of the Effects of Envy on Social Networking Sites" Information Systems Research Volume 26, Issue 3, September, Pages 585-605.
Links and Other Information