BA (Robert College, Istanbul), MSc PhD (Minnesota)
Doctorat Honoris Causa, Université de Montréal (2009).
Fellow, Royal Society of Canada (Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences)
Sauder Distinguished Professor of Information Systems
Professor, Management Information Systems Division
Office Henry Angus 338
Tel (604) 822-8396
- Evaluating human-computer interfaces, specifically how to design web-based interfaces to facilitate business-to-consumer electronic commerce;
- Investigating the role of explanations in intelligent support systems in improving user productivity and knowledge transfer to users; and
- Measuring IT-related competencies, namely, IT knowledge in line managers and business competence in IT professionals, and their impact on the effective deployment of IT.
Courses Taught in 2015-2016
- Not teaching this academic year
Selected Recent Publications
- Yi, Cheng, Z. Jiang, and I. Benbasat, “Enticing and Engaging Consumers via Online Product Presentations: The Effects of Restricted Interaction Design” Journal of Management Information Systems Volume 31, No. 4, Spring 2015 pp. 213-242.
- Cavusoglu, Huseyin, Cavusoglu, Hasan, Son, Jai, and I. Benbasat, “Information Security Controls in Organizations: Multidimensionality of the Construct and a Nomological Model” Information and Management Volume 52, Issue 4, June 2015, pp. 385–400.
- Krasnova, H., Widjaja T., Buxmann, P., Wenniger, H. and I. Benbasat, "Why Following Friends Can Hurt You: Empirical Investigation of the Effects of Envy on Social Networking Sites" Information Systems Research Volume 26, Issue 3, September 2015, Pages 585-605.
- Xiao, Bo, and I. Benbasat, "Designing Warning Messages for Detecting Biased Online Product Recommendations: An Empirical Investigation," Information Systems Research Volume 26, No. 2, December 2015, pp. 793-811.
- Tan, C.W., I. Benbasat, and Cenfetelli, R., “An Exploratory Study of the Formation and Impact of Electronic Service Failures” Management Information Systems Quarterly Volume 40, Number 1, March 2016.
Links and Other Information