Rui (Juliet) Zhu
BA (University of International Business and Economics), PhD (Minnesota)
Canada Research Chair in Consumer Behavior
Alumni Professorship in Marketing
Associate Professor, Marketing Division
- Consumer information processing and psychology
- Design and structural effects of physical environment
- Embodied cognition
Courses Taught in 2013-2014
- Not teaching this academic year
Selected Recent Publications
- Rui (Juliet) Zhu and Jenner Argo (2013), "Seating arrangement and information processing," forthcoming, Journal of Consumer Research.
- Chae, Boyoun (Grace), Xiuping Li and Rui (Juliet) Zhu, "Exploring the Impact of Perceived Distance on Judgements of Product Effectiveness" forthcoming, Journal of Consumer Research.
- Ravi Mehta, Rui (Juliet) Zhu, and Amar Cheema (2012), “Is Noise Always Bad? Exploring the Effects of Ambient Noise on Creative Cognition,” Journal of Consumer Research, 39 (December).
- Rui (Juliet) Zhu, Utpal Dholakia, Xinlei (Jack) Chen, and Rene Algesheimer (2012), "Does Online Community Participation Foster Risky Financial Behavior?" Journal of Marketing Research, 49 (June).
- Wang Jing , Rui (Juliet) Zhu, and Baba Shiv (2011), “How Does Loneliness Affect Information Processing and Consumer Choices,” conditionally accepted at the Journal of Consumer Research.
Links and other information