- 1. How do I update my contact information with the University?
You can update your contact information online, or if you prefer, call us at 604-822-6801.
- 2. How do I remove my name from an email or print publication mailing list?
To update your UBC subscriber listings, please email UBC Alumni Records at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within the body of your email, please state your first and last name, degree and what subscription you would like removed from your alumni profile.
If you wish to remove your name from a UBC Sauder School of Business Mailing list, please call 822-6801 or email email@example.com .
- 3. I just got married - how do I change my surname in the University's database?
To update your surname, please email UBC Alumni Records at firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining your circumstances and specifying both your former and "new" names. Be sure to include your degree and graduation year to assist in the location of your record.
- 4. Can I have access to the contact information for my graduating class?
In order to protect the privacy of our alumni, UBC Sauder School of Business Alumni Relations Office does not release their contact details.
- 5. I've lost touch with an old friend from UBC - can UBC Sauder help me?
To protect alumni privacy, our office does not release contact details. We can however, attempt to send a message on your behalf. Please contact the UBC Sauder Alumni Relations Office at 604-822-6801 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- 6. Where can I sign up for email forwarding service?
You can sign up on UBC Alumni Affairs’ website by clicking here.
- 7. I am travelling on business. How do I get in touch with UBC Sauder alumni?
If you are travelling to Calgary, China, Toronto, or London, please get in touch with the associated alumni club. Our list of representatives in other areas can be found here.
- 8. Are there any discounts available for UBC Sauder alumni?
We are always looking for ways to provide value to our alumni community. Click here for information on discounts and services available to our alumni.
- 9. Are there any career services or job postings available to alumni?
UBC Sauder alumni have lifetime access to Career Options On-line (COOL) for alumni job postings. Our business development team actively promotes the depth of skills and experience our alumni can offer to employers worldwide and encourages the posting of senior positions. You can also post positions on COOL for your organization.
Career services for alumni are also available through UBC.
- 10. What is an alumni A-card?
The UBC Alumni A-card provides all UBC alumni with access to services and discounts from a variety of partners, as well as a host of UBC services and venues.
- 11. What opportunities are available for UBC Sauder alumni to volunteer?
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, gain valuable experience and add value to your degree. There are a wide variety of ways to become involved with the School including:
- assisting with events
- volunteering with the Alumni Clubs
- mentoring students through the Career Centre
- speaking in the classroom
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12. How do I make a donation to UBC Sauder School of Business?
Alumni support of UBC Sauder School of Business helps to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students, alumni, and members of the business community, and nurture future generations of leaders in business and industry. Click here for more information on how you can contribute.
- 13. What is involved in setting up a class reunion?
To start your reunion planning process, contact email@example.com or call 604-822-6801 for information on reunion planning.
- 14.Where can I get information about reunions being planned?
Reunions already under way are listed within the Reunions section of this website.
- 15. What assistance is available from the Alumni Relations Office in reunion planning?
The UBC Sauder Alumni Relations Office can assist you by:
- answering questions about event planning and management
- providing you with a list of classmates and available contact information
- provide your committee with meeting space
- assisting in creating and distributing invitations
- assisting with registration, audio visual requirements and nametags
- corresponding with special guests such as Deans, staff or faculty members and encourage their involvement in the event
- promoting and profiling your reunion on the UBC Sauder Alumni webpage, the bi-monthly UBC Sauder 360 electronic newsletter and in Viewpoints, the UBC Sauder alumni magazine.
- 16. How can I obtain a liquor licence for the alumni event I am planning?
Click here for information on how to obtain a liquor license for an event.
- 17. How do I obtain a copy of my transcript?
Official transcripts are available from the transcript department at UBC Enrolment Services. Click here for information on processing time (including rush orders), price, ordering methods and pickup and delivery information.
- 18. My degree is damaged. Can I order a new one?
Your degree can be replaced through the services of the UBC Registrar's Office.
- 19. How can I get in touch with Viewpoints magazine?
Questions about Viewpoints Magazine can be directed to the Editor-in-Chief, Cristina Calboreanu at 604-822-9883 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20. How can I make a contribution to Class Notes?
Class Notes submissions can be made online through our website.
- 21. What happened to the "Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration" or "UBC Commerce" name?
The UBC Sauder School of Business is named for the late Dr. William L. Sauder in recognition of his generous endowment to the School in 2003. His gift of $20 million, to UBC's Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration was the largest single private donation ever made to a Canadian business school at the time.
Click here for more information on the history of the UBC Sauder School of Business.
- 22. How do I find out my old student number?
As a UBC alumnua, you can either contact UBC Enrolment Services by phone at 604-822-3014 or email your name, graduation year and degree information to email@example.com.